Friday, April 10, 2009

Our Day In Court

Today Tessa became the newest and, in our completely humble and unbiased opinion of course,  cutest little American!!





What an amazing experience!  We hadn't been expecting much beyond sign here and swear that.  But it was so much more.  Adoptions and re-adoptions are only held on Friday afternoons so we got to wait with a lot of other families.  And I'm telling you,  Disneyland had nothing on that waiting area today.  There was such a feeling of just plain old happiness and joy - complete with balloons and family and laughter - that it washed over you!  
The judge we had was wonderful.  She was genuinely delighted for us and OK who wouldn't love a judge that starts clapping for your child after finalizing their re-adoption?!  She even had a great sense of humor when Neilan activated and began talking into the microphones at the lawyers tables behind us.  It was a wonderful day!

(Tessa picking her own little commemorative teddy bear as we left the courtroom.)

We love you Tessa bessa belle!!  

10 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations!!! What a truly good Friday. I can see the joy in all your faces.. can't wait to see you again! Perhaps Neilan will be an adoption attorney one day?! Have a wonderful Easter!

p.s. we love you too Tessa bessa belle!

Little Ethiopia(n) said...

M, I was just coming in to shut down the computer and saw your entry. Congratulations! What a great day! And on Good Friday too...that's an easy day to remember this happiness. Hope to see ya'll soon... much love, Kat

Julie said...

Congratulations! I didn't think Tessa could look any cuter but white tights?! SO adorable! So happy that it was a lovely day!

Ladybugs appear said...

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, thrilled for your official family. it's a good thing :)

coffeemom said...

I'm behind on this, things have been kind of crazed. BUT CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I think she is one of the cutest little American's I've seen! What a beautiful family you have and I love court day, it really is so joyous. Congratulations!!! Love M

Danni and Tommy said...

Such a cute American it hurts a little. Congrats! Congrats! So good to see you the other day...we'll have to play again super soon.

Yes, I need Tessa for my little project! Absolutely need her cuteness- so I'm glad you're in!

Please give her a squeeze for me!

Amber said...

yay!!! i was having trouble finding you (blame my blond hair if you want) I kept typing mo and jo and never thought to put an "e" at the end. I love the post you are right shout out to your area and a clapping judge... I love it! It was so fun to meet you and the magical Tessa :) hopefully we will make it to one of the upcoming lunches

Amber said...

okay seriously I just scrolled down after my excitement of finding you and my goodness your son is adorable too!!! And, Tessa in the tutu is just too sweet

LoveNotes4CocoPrincess said...

YAY!!!!! Congratulations family!

....and yes, it sounds like Neilan was getting an early start on his career. You Go Neilan!

m&r said...

I'm a little behind in catching up on blogs... but was so happy to see this post! Congrats!! Such a special day.