Monday, November 10, 2008

Two Months

Miss Tessa has now been home two whole months and also just happens to be 15 months old as of today as well!  

Here are a few of the things I've learned about Tessa in the last two months:

Tessa is an awesome little flirt.  The girl has moves and knows how to use them.  Tessa can make anyone stop dead in their tracks to admire her.

Tessa doesn't believe in the word sleep.  No way, no how.  I've never seen a baby or toddler go with so little of the stuff.  A nap for Tessa is about 20 minutes (on a good day) and she loves to get up 2 to 4 times a night.  Yet despite this rather dodgy sleep schedule, Tessa is a very happy girl all day long (unlike her sleep deprived mommy).  

Tessa's laugh fills me with joy.

Tessa really, really likes to make raspberry sounds.  A Tessa raspberry can mean ' I really like you', 'I want to play',  'don't I look cute making this sound' or simply 'boy it's fun doing this with my tongue'.   The raspberry.  It's her thing and she's sticking to it.

Tessa is a little smarty-pants.  She mimics everything she sees and hears.  Tessa amazes us each and everyday with all she's learned.  

Tessa likes to be LOUD.  Nothing wrong with her lungs.  Keep up with your brother in the shrieking just for fun department?  Noooo problem.

Tessa loves music and is an equal opportunity dancer.  From Mozart to The Killers, if it's got a beat she's gonna shake her little heinie.  Tessa will even dance to the tones my cellphone makes when I turn it on.

Tessa fills my heart with love beyond words. 

It's been a wonderful two months.






                     (Yum chalk - delicious and nutritious!)

5 comments:

Julie said...

So sweet. I think you know how I feel about Tessa.(:

Little Ethiopia(n) said...

My husband can vouch for Tessa's flirty moves...she totally won his heart! xoxo-kat

Roxanne said...

Hello - my husband and I were so thrilled to meet you and Tessa last Sunday. It was a real joy!!!! She is absolutely adorable!!!
Would love to stay in touch and get together sometime!
-Roxanne (& Terry) from Ventura!

phulmaya said...

So sweet! It's nice to look at your pictures and see another family that looks like ours! Oh but for a night of sleep....

Shawn said...

She is beautiful. From your post I can tell she is sweet and spunky. I'm sure you will have to scare all the boys away when she is older. Too cute.