Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fire Drill!

It's been scary the last couple of days and nights but things have turned around and it's looking oh so good!! There has literally been an armada of helicopters and planes  involved in battling these fires.  Here are some of the images from over our heads and photos from the pond 2 minutes from my house where these amazing pilots where picking up water loads (and don't let the blue skies fool you, the fire was just over the ridge)...








And here's why the fires got so big so fast....


Dry, dry, dry....

4 comments:

Heather said...

Incredible photos! I am glad to hear that things are getting better out your way. I was worried.

I have tagged you... I know it's probably the last thing you want to do, so do not feel obligated. It is sort of fun however.

xo
H.

Heather said...

Oh, go to my blog for all the details...

coffeemom said...

M, watching your weather and fire news. I love seeing the pics though....I know those hills! I don't miss the fires, at all, though, but i do miss the landscape....even brown and dry. Hang in there, be safe.

Julie said...

Maureen! I had no idea that you had a blog! I am so excited !
Hey- if you guys need to evacuate, you can always crash with us on the westside. See you next week!