Friday, August 29, 2008

One More!

I've got a few last minute things to do, some final bagchecks to make but basically WE'RE DONE!  So, I hereby officially declare closed the great suitcase pack of 8-08 and call upon the youth of the world to reconvene in ....... (sorry, Olympic detoxing still going on!)

Remember what it was like when you were a kid waiting for Christmas morning to come?!  Yep, that's it!  That's what it feels like right now.  One big happy crescendo of anticipation.  And, I really really want it to be tomorrow morning already! (see, told you Christmas!)  These last few days have been a roller coaster ride of emotions (see previous post) but right now - despite some serious sleep deprivation involved in finishing the great suitcase pack of 8-08 and taking care of everything for N - all I can feel is the excited joy of it!

To the families who've trusted us to carry packages to their sweet children - I have them all tucked safely in our carry ons.  To everyone who's asked us to take photos of their beautiful children and to spend time holding them and telling them how much their parents love them - what a true joy for us to do so!!  Thank you for sharing your children with us.
Michele, Tara and Anne, thank you all for your kind words and wonderful travel advice!  Without it I don't think I could have pulled off any of the great suitcase pack!  I mean it!

We are almost on our way to Tessa!!  One...More....Day!!  I'm so excited I don't think I can sleep  tonight!! Hey, do I hear reindeer?


2 comments:

Natalie Fournet said...

Oh what excitement....I am thrilled for you and look forward to hearing about the trip.

coffeemom said...

Godspeed! Now, try to make it somewhere so you can post a pic once you're there...please?????