Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Great Kid

I didn't have a good day today - and not passing court was just part of it.  So to cheer myself up I thought I'd tell you about what a great kid N is.  As most of  you know, N turned 5 this spring. We had a big birthday party for him but instead of asking all the kids to bring him gifts, N had them bring new books to donate to Ethiopia Reads.  Now, turning 5 is a big deal - as is getting gifts - but N was  happy to forgo any gift getting for himself.  He composed the following letter (which mommy typed for him) to go in each of the boxes of books we sent:

My name is N.  I am 5 years old.  I have a new sister who is coming from Ethiopia soon.  For my birthday I decided to ask all my friends to bring books that I could give to you for  the boys and girls in Ethiopia instead of presents.  I got a lot of books.  I hope you like them.

N

See, I told you, N is a really great kid!!


No comments: